What Is
Life In Fast Forward?
Welcome to the online home of me, some guy given the name John Cleveland Payne. In the grand scheme of life, I am just another guy with another blog. But to myself, and hopefully to all of you who actually read this, I am something a little more special. From a young age, I fell in love of the idea of ‘the message’ and medium in which you try to transmit.

Basically, everyone has a message to give to the world. Some are basic, some complex, some have the power to up lift and some are just out there to bring as many people down as possible. But everyone has a message, and most people have problems identifying their message. And the ones who get that far can seem to figure out how to get the world to listen.

Well, I have a message, and this is where I will get a chance to share it. Hopefully, you’ll get plenty of things to keep you motivated or inspired, provide knowledge and comfort, and just have a little fun. Apologies for the state of flux and state of seemingly confusing messages that you’ll get here for a while, as I am doing a lot of personal soul searching, and scrubbing of old ideas to take the best of the past to build a new beginning.

In 2007, I changed the name of blog from “The Mis-Adventures Of The Jazzy Cool One” to “Life In Fast Forward.” I began to tear down old blogs and newsletters and try to find places for them here. My goal is to take the focus off of me the person, and show the world the life I live and share with every human on the planet. I aspire to life at a very high standard, and instead of dealing with people who rather slow us down, I want to find ways to help people pick up there own pace. As you get to see an insight to the further adventures I hope to lead, hopefully you’ll enjoy the ride, and want to come along.

Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Giving Praise For The Small Sucesses
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Sometimes you've just got to be thankful for the small victories and just be happy that you seemed to make some progress, or at least didn't completely lose the war.

With all the frustrations I've suffered at work work last week, compounded with some serious setbacks with this blog/website/company, I end the week with a few relatively minor victories that I am going to blow way out of proportion, just because I can:

- I blogged for 7 days straight: Some posts were a little cheesy, some were mind numbing rambling rants, but I logged in 8 posts in 7 straight days, even while spending 14 hours driving last weekend. A new streak begins today, with my target being ten day in a row. Wish me luck.

- I have cured myself of high cholesterol: Cured is a pretty strong word, but since being diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol in 2000 (at the age of 26), I've been on what seems like a non-stop clinical trial of pills to get everything under control...when I completely ignoring it. But thanks to a wife with great insurance who lovingly nags, and doctor who nags I am slowly starting to get used to, and nurse by phone who gets paid to nag and is good at what she does, and some actual effort on my part, I am apparently so low the doctor almost suggested I start drinking a cup of margarine with breakfast. With a HDL of 46 & a LDL of 43, I am officially off one of my five prescribed medications, Crestor.

I'll spend another week trying to launch dozen of major things again, attempting to not feel the pressure of hitting straight home runs, because while they help, its the number of runs scored that determine whether you win the game. And its almost impossible to win them all. In the meantime, I will lick my wounds of the last two weeks by knowing that I did accomplish something, and hope that next weekend I will will have a few more victories to add to the list.


Dance Dance Revolution games and pads

Dance Dance Revolution: games & pads for all platforms

Labels:

posted by J. Cleveland Payne @ 7:11 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
www.flickr.com
djazzycool1's photos More of djazzycool1's photos
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER