What Is
Life In Fast Forward?
Welcome to the online home of me, some guy given the name John Cleveland Payne. In the grand scheme of life, I am just another guy with another blog. But to myself, and hopefully to all of you who actually read this, I am something a little more special. From a young age, I fell in love of the idea of ‘the message’ and medium in which you try to transmit.

Basically, everyone has a message to give to the world. Some are basic, some complex, some have the power to up lift and some are just out there to bring as many people down as possible. But everyone has a message, and most people have problems identifying their message. And the ones who get that far can seem to figure out how to get the world to listen.

Well, I have a message, and this is where I will get a chance to share it. Hopefully, you’ll get plenty of things to keep you motivated or inspired, provide knowledge and comfort, and just have a little fun. Apologies for the state of flux and state of seemingly confusing messages that you’ll get here for a while, as I am doing a lot of personal soul searching, and scrubbing of old ideas to take the best of the past to build a new beginning.

In 2007, I changed the name of blog from “The Mis-Adventures Of The Jazzy Cool One” to “Life In Fast Forward.” I began to tear down old blogs and newsletters and try to find places for them here. My goal is to take the focus off of me the person, and show the world the life I live and share with every human on the planet. I aspire to life at a very high standard, and instead of dealing with people who rather slow us down, I want to find ways to help people pick up there own pace. As you get to see an insight to the further adventures I hope to lead, hopefully you’ll enjoy the ride, and want to come along.

Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Other things
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.
Getting Out Of Your Writing Funk
Sunday, December 02, 2007
I've been in a writing funk. Not enough time, energy, ideas for writing. Bad grammar. To lazy for spell checking. Nobody reading my stupid blogs anyway.

You know what folks? I can't allow myself to by that! Writers write period. Good stuff, bad stuff, random stuff, even worse stuff, whatever. Even if no one gets to see it, if it goes done on paper or on a web page somewhere it exists.

Two ways to get out of a writers funk:

When Your In The Zone, WRITE AWAY: Stop whatever it is you are doing, and write. Get it out. Get it ALL out. Don't stop until you have some solid understanding that can become a solid piece of work written down. If your in the middle of something important (i.e., actually work to pay the bills) it only takes a few minutes to sketch out some ideas in a notebook and get back into life. If your just sitting around doing nothing, don't stop until you've finished. And you determined what 'finished' is.

When Your Not In The Zone, WRITE ANYWAY: The hardest part of writing is getting those first words down on paper. Until then, you've got nowhere to go. Your first sentence gives you a direction to go in, even if it is the wrong direction or no direction at all. The best thing to do when you don't feel like writing is to sit down and begin writing. I will get you creativity jump started, flush out a few not so great ideas, and may bring the surprise article topic or story idea you've but hoping would show up.


Real savings on all you do!

The 2008 Entertainment Book

Labels: ,

posted by J. Cleveland Payne @ 9:10 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I'll keep this in mind for next year when I do NaNoWriMo (you know the contest that challenges you to write a 50,000 word book in 30 days) I've tried for the past 20 years,but have not written a single word .

    keda

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
www.flickr.com
djazzycool1's photos More of djazzycool1's photos
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER